How to upload documents in Google Drive || The Google Drive cloud makes it easy to store and access your files online so you can access them from any computer and mobile with an Internet connection. If you upload program files such as Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel, you can also edit them in Google Drive. To know how to upload files to Google Drive, you can easily upload documents by following the steps given below, but there are many people who do not know about Google Drive, then before that we will know. What is that Google Drive?
What is Google Drive?
Google Drive is a file storage synchronization service developed by Google. Google launched it on 24 April 2012.It allows users to store files on its servers, synchronize files across devices, and share files. In addition to a website, Google Drive offers offline capability applications for Windows, Mac OS computers, Android, iOS smartphones and tablets.
Play Store App :- Download
Google Drive provides Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides, a part of the Office suite that allows editing of documents, spreadsheets, presentations, pictures, forms. Files created and edited through the Office suite can be saved to Google Drive.
Google Drive also provides 15 GB storage to its users for free through Google One. Google One also has paid storage options of up to 100 GB, 200 GB, 2 Tb, 10 TB, 20 TB and 30 Tb. And you can simultaneously upload up to 5 TB of files to Google Drive. Users can also change privacy settings for files and folders, including sharing with other users or making the contents of files public.
As of March 2017, Google Drive had 800 million active users, and as of September 2015 it had over one million organizational paying users. As of May 2017, there were over 2 trillion files stored on the service. So let’s know how to upload files to Google Drive.
How to upload documents in Google Drive
Google Drive gives you 15 gigabytes (15GB) of free storage for uploading files from your computer and mobile and storing them in the cloud. There are two main types of files you can store on your Google Drive.
You can edit like Microsoft Office files, PDFs and other text-based files. And other files that you cannot edit, such as music, videos, compressed archives (.zip files), etc.
When you upload a file, whatever the file type, you can manage, organize, share and access it from anywhere. And Google Drive syncs the files on your device and you can easily view your files anywhere on your mobile, tablet, computer and iPad.
You can also preview many different types of files in Google Drive, even if you don’t have the necessary software for that file on your computer. For example, you can use Google Drive to preview Photoshop files, even if Photoshop is not installed on your computer.
How to upload documents in Google Drive
Uploading files to Google Drive from your computer is easy. If you are using the Google Chrome web browser, you can also upload the entire folder. So let us now know step by step how to upload files, documents and folders on Google Drive:-
- On your Android phone, tablet or computer, open Google Drive.
- Then opening the drive, press the Add button.
- After pressing the add button, press the upload button.
- After that you get the uploading file which you want to upload.
- To upload a folder, you can easily upload a folder by opening the drive on your computer.
- You can also upload any document from mobile and iPad, and you can only upload folders via computer and Mac.
Note:- Apart from this, you can also upload any file or folder on the computer by direct dragging it to Google Drive.
Converting Files to Google Drive Format
If you’re uploading files that you may edit online in the future, you’ll need to convert them to Google Drive format first. After converting the files, you can easily edit any file. There are only a few types of files that you can further edit – such as Microsoft Office files that can be easily converted to Google Drive formats.
Note:- You can change the settings of Google Drive only with the help of computer.
- Using a computer, you can go directly to the Google Drive settings drive.google.com/drive/settings
- Then click on the Convert Upload box.
Upload files with the same name
If you upload another file with the same name, Google Drive will upload the file to Google Drive separately.
To keep both the files:-
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- Upload any one file.
- If you want to upload a file of the same name, then you have to click on Keep as separate file on Google Drive. This will keep your files of the same name safe.
Turn mobile data usage on or off on Google Drive
You can turn your mobile data usage on or off, or just use WiFi to transfer files.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Drive app .
- Click on Menu in the top right and then click on Settings.
- At the time of “use date”, transfer files only on or off WIFI.
Note:- You can turn on or off mobile data in your mobile phone itself.
How to share a document in Google Drive
You can share any file directly from Google Drive, whether you saved the downloaded file or not.
- First select the file which you want to share.
- If you share a file from a computer, you can directly mail the file by right-clicking on the file.
- If you share the file from mobile, then you open the file and click on the three dots in the top side and by clicking on send copy, you can share the file with WhatsApp, Bluetooth, Email, Telegram etc.
- Along with this, you can also easily download files from Google Drive.
How to recover deleted files in google drive ?
If you accidentally delete or delete a document or folder in Google Drive, then you can also restore that document or folder by going to the bin of Google Drive.
With Google Bin, you can restore files from both mobile and computer.
- 1. First of all you have to open Google Drive in Mobile.
- 2. After opening, you will see 3 lines on the top, click on those lines.
- 3. After clicking you will see that there is an option to open bin and bin.
- 4. After opening the bin, 3 dots will appear to restore the deleted file or folder, as soon as you click on those 3 dots, you will see the option of restore and you can easily restore your file or folder.
Play Store App :- Download
In the same way, you can restore deleted drive files by opening the drive on your computer. So let’s know how to restore files in computer.
- 1. Google Drive has to be opened in Google Chrome or any browser.
- 2. After opening, the option of bin appears on the main screen in front of you.
- 3. Click on Bin and open Bin.
- 4. After opening the bin, you have to right click on the deleted file and restore the file.
So you can restore deleted files in Google Drive in this way.
Read This In Hindi: Click Here
Conclusion: You can easily store all your important documents in Google Drive. And you can download them anytime, anywhere, you can share files with anyone. Google Drive is a cloud where your files are completely safe. This allows you to easily upload your documents to Google Drive. The best thing about Google Drive is that you can also upload it according to the format of Google Drive. The use of mobile data can also be turned off. So how did you like this post “How to upload documents in Google Drive“, you can tell in the comment below. And how you all use Google Drive, you can tell me in the comment below.Thanks..!!