The E Shram Card Yojana is an initiative launched by the Ministry of Labor and Employment in India to provide benefits to workers in the unorganized sector. It allows laborers to register online and obtain an e-Shram Card through the e-Shram portal from the comfort of their homes. This article will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to apply for an e-Shram Card Online, making the process quick and convenient.
The ई श्रम कार्ड योजना aims to support workers in the unorganized sector, particularly those from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. The scheme was launched on August 19, 2021, by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The e-Shram Card will serve as a lifelong identity card for the workers. However, it is important for the laborers to update their e Shram Card annually by visiting the e Shram Portal’s website.
If you are interested in obtaining your e Shram Card, you can register online by visiting the e Shram Portal. The e Shram Card is being provided by the Government of India to workers free of charge, without any fees. You can register for your e Shram Card online using your mobile phone on the e Shram portal.
e-Shram Card Yojana Highlights
Below is a table providing key information about e Shram Card Registration
|Yojana Name||E Shram Card Yojana 2023. How to Make e shram card|
|Initiated by||Ministry of Labor and Employment, Government of India|
|Beneficiaries||Unorganized Sector Workers|
|Age Limit||Between 18 to 59 Years|
e-Shram Card Yojana Registration
The E Shram Card Yojana aims to create a database of unorganized workers in the country. It serves as an important document for laborers in the unorganized sector, providing them with assistance during times of need, such as during epidemics like the COVID-19 pandemic.
To register for the e-Shram Card, laborers between the ages of 18 and 59 can visit the e Shram Portal website and complete the online registration process. Both men and women are eligible to apply for the e-Shram Card.
In Uttar Pradesh, the first installment of 1000 rupees has already been provided to eligible laborers under the ઈ-શ્રમ કાર્ડ યોજના. The second installment of 1000 rupees will be issued in the near future.
What is UAN card – UAN Card Full Form
The UAN Card stands for Universal Account Number Card. It is a 12-digit unique identification number issued to workers registered under the E Shram Card Yojana, which is a scheme run by the Government of India for unorganized sector workers. The UAN Card serves as a E-Shram Card and provides a unique identification for each worker.
To make a E Shram Card or UAN Card, workers can register on the Shram Portal, which is the official portal for the ई-श्रम कार्ड योजना. By registering on the portal, workers can apply for and obtain their UAN Card, which will serve as their unique identification number in the scheme.
The Universal Account Number (UAN) is valid for the lifetime of the worker. There is no need to renew or reapply for it. However, the UAN card needs to be updated annually by visiting the official website of the ઈ-શ્રમ કાર્ડ પોર્ટલ. It is important to note that there is no fee required for updating the UAN card. The process of updating the card involves visiting the designated website and providing any necessary information or documents as required for the update.
Benefits of e-Shram Card?
The e-Shram Card offers several benefits and advantages to its holders, which are as follows:
- Pension Benefits: Under the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Pension Yojana, e-labor cardholders receive a monthly pension amount of ₹3,000 once they reach the age of 60.
- Free Ration: Government of India provides e-labor cardholders with 35 kg of free ration every month. Additionally, up to 15 kg of food grains are distributed free of cost.
- Free Healthcare: Laborers and their family members are entitled to free treatment up to ₹5 lakh through the e-labor card scheme.
- Financial Assistance: In Uttar Pradesh, labor cardholders receive a monthly financial assistance of ₹1,000. The state government transfers the second installment of ₹1,000 to the bank accounts of these cardholders by March.
- Life Insurance: Under the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, e-labor cardholders are provided free life insurance coverage up to ₹2 lakh.
- Pension for Shopkeepers: Shopkeepers who hold an e-labor card are eligible for a monthly pension of ₹3,000.
- Housing Benefits: Laborers in hilly areas receive financial assistance of ₹1.30 lakh, while those in plain areas receive ₹1.20 lakh to construct their own pucca houses under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Rural.
- MNREGA Employment: Laborers who were previously unable to find work under the NREGA scheme can now access 100 days of employment through their e-labor card.
- Insurance Coverage: e-Shram Cardholders receive financial assistance up to ₹2 lakh for death or permanent disability and up to ₹1 lakh for partial disability under the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
- Kisan Pension Yojana: Farmers with cultivable land up to 2 hectares receive a monthly pension of ₹3,000 under the e-Shramik Card Kisan Pension Yojana.
These are some of the benefits available to E Shram Cardholders, providing them with financial security, healthcare coverage, and support in various aspects of their lives.
Eligibility for e-Shram Card
To be eligible for the e-Shram Card, the following criteria must be met:
- The individual must be a permanent resident of India.
- The age of the applicant should be between 18 to 59 years.
- The laborer must possess an Aadhaar card, and the mobile number linked to the Aadhaar Card Download should be active.
- Workers who already receive benefits under schemes like ESIC (Employee’s State Insurance Corporation), EPFO (Employee’s Provident Fund Organization), and National Pension System are not eligible for the e-Shram Card.
- Only laborers belonging to the unorganized sector are eligible to apply for the labor card.
- It is necessary for the laborer to have a bank account.
If the laborer fulfills all these eligibility requirements, they can proceed with the application process to obtain their e-Shram Card.
Documents Required for e-Shram Card
The following documents are required to apply for an e-Shram Card:
- Aadhaar Card: The laborer must have a valid Aadhaar card as proof of identity and address.
- Aadhaar Card Linked Mobile Number: The mobile number linked to the Aadhaar card should be active and accessible.
- Bank Account Passbook: The laborer must possess a bank account passbook as proof of having a bank account.
- Educational Marksheet (if applicable): In some cases, the marksheet of the highest class passed may be required as supporting documentation.
Who Can Get an e-Shram Card Made?
Workers employed in the unorganized sector are eligible to apply for an e-Shram Card. This includes individuals engaged in various occupations such as:
- Small and marginal farmers
- Agricultural laborers
- Workers in brick kilns and stone quarries
- Animal husbandry workers
- Domestic workers
- Building and construction workers
- Leather workers
- Vegetable and fruit sellers
- Rickshaw and auto drivers
- MNREGA workers
- Home-based workers
- Newspaper vendors
- Migrant laborers
- Workers involved in silk production, and more.
These individuals can apply for an e-Shram Card to avail the benefits and services provided by the government for the welfare and social security of workers in the unorganized sector.
E-Shram Card Online Registration e Shram Card Online Registration | How to make e Shram Card
To register for your e-Shram Card Online, follow these step-by-step instructions:
Step-1: Open the web browser on your mobile phone and type “https://eshram.gov.in/” in the search bar to access the e-Shram Portal.
Step-2: On the home page of the portal, you will find the option “Register on eShram” Click on this option to proceed.
Step-3: On the registration page, enter the mobile number linked to your Aadhaar card and the captcha code provided. Then, select the appropriate options based on whether you have Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) and Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) coverage or not.
Step-4: Click on the “Send OTP” button. You will receive an OTP (One-Time Password) on your mobile number. Enter the OTP in the designated field.
Step-5: A new page will appear where you need to enter the Aadhaar card number linked to your mobile number. An OTP will be sent to verify your mobile number with Aadhaar card.
Step-6: Re-enter the 6-digit OTP received on your mobile number and click on the “Verify” button.
Step-7: The next page will display your photo and other information. Click on “Next” to proceed.
Step-8: In the following five steps, fill in the required information accurately.
Step-9: After filling in all the information, submit the application form.
Step-10: On the last page, two options will appear. Click on “Download UAN Card” to download your e-labor card.
Step-11: A new page will open with the option to download your e-labor card. Click on “Download UAN Card” to initiate the download.
By following these steps, you can register online for your e-labor card and download it successfully.
How to Update e-Shram Card | How to Correct Name, Mobile Number and Address in e-Shram Card?
To correct your name, mobile number, and address in your e-Shram Card, follow these steps:
- On the e-Shram portal, look for the option “Update Profile” and click on it. This will open several options for making corrections.
- In the new page that appears, select the specific option for the correction you want to make. For example, if you want to correct your name, select the name correction option.
- The e-labor card will be displayed with editable fields for the information you want to correct. Make the necessary changes in the respective fields.
- Once you have made the corrections, enter the updated information in the fields provided.
- After entering the updated information, click on the “Update E KYC Information” button to save the changes.
- Your e-Shram Card will be amended with the corrected information.
- You can then download your updated e-Shram Card.
By following these steps, you can make corrections to your name, personal information, address, mobile number, education, bank account number, and other details in your e-labor card.
e Shram Card Registration Important Links
|e Shram Card Registration||Click Here|
|Mydgit.com Home Page||Click Here|
Conclusion:- In this article, detailed information about e-Shram Card online registration has been provided to guide you through the process of applying for the card, downloading it, making amendments, and accessing other features. If you find this information helpful, please feel free to share this post with your friends.
FAQs – Related to e-Shram Card
How can I make my e-Shram Card?
Workers Can Make Their e-Shram Card by visiting the e-Shram Card Portal or the nearest CAC (Common Services Center) center in their area.
Can I register for a labor card online?
Yes, you can register online to make a free e-Shram Card by visiting the e-Shram Portal.
How Much does it cost to make an e-Shram Card?
The e-labor card is made free of cost by the Government of India. Workers can make a free e-Shram Card on the e-Shram Portal.
Can the E Shramik Card be made again?
No, a worker can create their e-Shram Card only once but can modify it multiple times.
What other name is the E Shram Card known by?
The e-Shram Card is also known as the UAN (Universal Account Number) card, which is a 12-digit unique number.
How often is the E-Shram Card renewed?
Once created, the e-Shram Card is valid for the lifetime of the worker. However, the worker needs to update their e-Shram Card every year by visiting the e-Shram portal.
Which workers receive Rs. 1000 from the E-Shram Card?
All e-Shram Card holders in Uttar Pradesh are receiving Rs. 1000 through the e Shram Card. The first installment of Rs. 1000 has been seRt to the bank accounts of the labor card holders.
When will the second installment of Rs. 1000 for the e-labor card be distributed?
The second installment of Rs. 1000 will be sent in two installments during the month of March to the Shram card holders in Uttar Pradesh.
How can I download the E-Shram Card?
Workers can download their E Shram Card by visiting the official website of the E-Shram Portal. They can download the card multiple times.
How can I change my mobile number in the E-Shramik Card?
Workers can change their mobile number in the e-Shram Card by going to the “Update Profile” section on the e-Shram Portal’s website.
Can the eShram Card be amended?
Yes, workers can modify their e-Shram Card multiple times.
I want to change the address on my e-Labor Card. What should I do?
Workers can change their address in their eShram Card by visiting the e-Shram Portal’s website or the nearest CAC center in their area.
Is there a fee for amending the e-Shramik Card?
Amendments to the e-Shram Card can be made for free. However, there may be a fee if the amendments are made at a CAC center.
How much pension is available from the E Shram Card?
The Government of India provides a monthly pension of Rs. 3000 to laborers holding e-Shram Cards under the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Pension Yojana.
How can I make an e-Shram Card in 2023?
Workers falling under the category of unorganized workers in the country can make their e-Shram Card by visiting the e-Shram Portal’s website.
What is the latest update on the e-Shram Card?
E-Shramik Card holders need to update their e-Shramik card every year by visiting the e-Shram Portal.
How can I check the UP e-Shram Card Bhatta List?
e-Shram Card holders in Uttar Pradesh can check their name in the UP e-Shram Card Bhatta List by logging into the Majdur Umang Mobile App or the Umang Portal website.
When will the second installment of Rs. 1000 for the e-Shram Card be distributed?
The second installment of Rs. 1000 for the e-Shram Card in Uttar Pradesh is expected to be sent in two installments during the month of March.
What is the Shram Card Bhatta Yojana?
The Shram Card Bhatta Yojana refers to the scheme in Uttar Pradesh where Rs. 1000 has been sent to the bank accounts of labor card holders as part of the Shramik Bharan Poshan Bhatta Yojana.
How can I make a UP e-Shram Card in 2022?
Citizens of Uttar Pradesh can register online for the UP e-Shram Card by visiting the official website of the e-Shram Portal.
How can I make an e-labor card in Rajasthan in 2022?
Citizens of Rajasthan can make their Rajasthan E-Shramik Card by visiting the website of the E-Shram Portal and providing their Aadhaar card, mobile number, and bank account passbook.
How can I make an e-labor card in Madhya Pradesh in 2023?
Citizens of Madhya Pradesh can make their MP E-Shram Card by visiting the website of the eShram Portal or by going to the nearest CAC center in their area.
How can I file a complaint about the e-Shram Card?
Workers can register their complaints related to the e-Shram Card by contacting the e-labor helpline number 14434.
How can I make an e-Shram Card?
Workers in the country can register online on the E-Shram Portal with the necessary documents to create their e-Shram Card.
How can I create a new e-Shram Card?
Workers in the unorganized category in the country can create a new e-labor card by visiting the nearest CAC center in their area or the website of the e-labor portal.