What is Digilocker App – Digilocker is your Personal Online Document Storage Facility given by the Government of India. In Digilocker, you get up to 10 MB of free personal storage space, where you can upload the documents you need. You can also e-sign all these documents, which is similar to the process of Self Attestation. To store documents, you have to create an account on its app or website.
We have many documents like Pan Card, Voter Id Card, Passport, Driving License, Birth Certificate, Income Tax Return which we often need. We carry these documents manually which is not only difficult but also unsafe. Apart from this, it is also important to organize all the documents in one place, so that your family can easily access these documents in case of emergency.
For this you have to go paperless and you can use free cloud storage like Google Drive and Dropbox for this, but Google Drive and Dropbox operate under the rules of America and do not get any direct security under the IT Act.
Keeping all these facts in mind, the Government of India has launched Digilocker to take advantage of government services and to provide a personal cloud storage service for you.
How to create account on Digilocker? How To Make Digilocker Account / ID?
Initially users need Aadhar Card Number to sign-up in Digilocker. You can sign-up in it only with Aadhar card number. Let’s know how to sign-up on Digilocker through the app. You can use the same method on the website as well.
1) Open Google Play Store on your smartphone and download and install Digilocker App from there.
2) Now open the app and click on Sign-up. If your account is already created then click on Sign-in option.
3) After clicking on Sign-up, you have to enter your mobile number, after which you will get an OTP. After submitting the OTP to the app, the app will ask you to set the User Name and Password.
4) Now your Digilocker Account will be ready. The special thing is that there is no need to create your profile on DigiLocker, because the information like Profile Picture, Name, Address etc. will be taken directly from your Aadhar Card. After creating a Digilocker account, you can also sync Digilocker Account with Facebook and Gmail.
There are two ways to create an account in Digilocker
Aadhaar Based Method:
You can sign-up with your Aadhaar number (issued by UIDAI) using Mobile OTP or Biometric Fingerprint Device. For this, your mobile number must be linked with your Aadhaar number in the UIDAI system. (This method has been described in the above steps.)
Non Aadhaar Method:
In this method, you can sign-up by authenticating your mobile number and then manually uploading your identity and address proof.
• Once you have registered you can upload your documents. After signing in to Digital Locker, click on Uploaded Documents and then upload the document in Digital Locker Account.
Note- Each file to be uploaded should not be more than 1mb.
• After that click on Upload button.
• Select the location of the document and then select the file and click on the Open button.
• Upload Documents List Click on Select Doc Type for any document.
• Select the type of document from the drop down list and click on Save. Keep in mind that the format of the file of your documents should be Jpeg, Pdf, Jpg, Png and Bmp only.
E-Sign Document/Certificate: For each uploaded document, there are E-Sign links in the Uploaded Documents section. After clicking on it you will get an OTP. After entering this OTP, click on the E-Sign button. Only one document can be e-signed at a time.
How to share documents
Share links are given in the Uploaded Documents section to share your E-Documents. After clicking on Share Link you will get a pop-up to enter E-mail Id. After entering the mail id, click on the send button. Only one document can be shared at a time.
Benefits of Digilocker
The most important aspect of Digilocker is that it can be accessed at any time from anywhere in the world and that too while ensuring the security of the documents. Copies of Original Documents and Certificates can now be kept digitally and some certificates like Driving License, Registration Certificate, Marksheets are no longer required to be copied as Signed Copies can be obtained from the source from which they are certified. Verified Records are copied. Many consider this to be a huge step towards a digital and paperless economy.
This will make the verification process easier and simpler. Example- If you have studied in a CBSE School then your CBSE Migration Certificates and Marksheets can be issued directly in your Digilocker. There is no need to re-verify while sharing these documents provided directly by an issuing authority.
Documents can never be damaged in Digilocker. There are many such important papers which turn yellow or get damaged after a few years. But when you scan your documents and save them in Digilocker.
One of the biggest advantages of Digital Locker is that the documents which are saved in Digilocker can never be lost. What used to happen earlier was that we had to take our original documents along to submit and sometimes our documents were lost in such a situation.
How to use DigiLocker
1. Visit the DigiLocker website on your smartphone or the DigiLocker app. You can create a user ID using OTP using your Aadhaar number and mobile number.
2. If an organization has uploaded one of your e-documents, you can view it in the account. You can also upload your own documents and e-sign them.
3. By sharing the link to the e-document, you’ll also have the opportunity to share the document with others.
What to keep in Digilocker?
• Driving License
• Registration Certificate
• Pollution Certificate
• Voter Id-Card
• Pan Card
• Income Tax Return
• Property Tax Receipt
• School, College Marksheet
• School, College Certificate
• house, land registry
• Important Private, Government Document
Friends, what is Digilocker / Digilocker Kya Hai, What Is Digilocker, Document Save in digilocker, how did you like the information, tell us by commenting. Do share this post on Facebook, Whatsapp.
Play Store App :- Download