Technology desk ahmedabad: If your mobile number has changed, and now you want it to change in your Aadhaar card, then today we are going to tell you the easiest way…! Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Government of India and is based on a person’s biometric information such as iris scan, fingerprint, and demographic information such as DOB and home address. Updating Aadhaar is not only beneficial but also necessary for many online services. To avail online services related to Aadhaar, you have to first register your mobile number with UIDAI which will be used for authentication through OTP.
If your mobile number is lost or for any other reason you want to change the number given on your Aadhaar card, then you can follow these steps.
How to change your mobile number in online
The mobile number on Aadhaar can only be changed offline and UIDAI has not put online method to prevent misuse of personal information. However, you can download the application form online for this and save some of your time. For this work your existing mobile number should be registered on the Aadhaar card.
You can update your mobile number based on two ways:
1. Update mobile number via OTP
2. Update mobile number without OTP
1. How to update mobile number on the basis of OTP
– First of all visit the official Aadhaar portal https://ask.uidai.gov.in/
– Log in with the help of your mobile number and captcha. Once details are filled in, click on Send OTP.
Enter OTP in the box on the right and click Submit OTP and proceed. Keep the mobile with you so that you can enter OTP immediately.
– On the next page you will get the options for Aadhaar Services New Enrollment and Update Aadhaar, click on Update Aadhaar here.
– On the next screen you will find options like name, Aadhaar number, resident type and what you want to update.
– Now fill the mandatory options here and select the mobile number in the ‘What do you want to update’ section.
– On the next page you will be asked your mobile number and captcha. Fill all the fields and click Send OTP. Enter the received OTP and verify it and then click on Save and Proceed.
– Double check all the details for the last time and click on submit button.
– After this you will get a success screen with an Appointment ID. Click on the Book Appointment option and book a slot at the Aadhaar Enrollment Center.
2. How to update mobile number without OTP
– Go to Aadhaar Enrollment or Update Center.
Fill the Aadhaar update form.
– Write your existing mobile number on the form.
You do not need to write your old mobile number on the form.
– The executive will register your request.
– You will be given an enrollment slip on which the URN update request number will be written.
Rs 25 has to be paid for this service.
How to change your home address in Aadhaar Card
If you want to change your address written in your Aadhaar card or want to make some changes in it, then you can do this work by visiting UIDAI’s site. In today’s time, Aadhaar card has become mandatory for everyone and hence it is important to have our correct information and address in the Aadhar card. In this article, we are showing how to change the address from online UIDAI site to Aadhaar card.
Step 1. Go to UIDAI website and click on Address Update Request (Online).
Step 2. After the new page opens, tap on the Proceed button at the bottom.
Step 3. Enter your Aadhaar number here and after that enter the OTP you have received. (You will receive OTP on the same number which is linked to your Aadhaar card).
Step 4. After this you have to choose whether you want to change the address area of Aadhaar card by PIN code or by address.
Step 5. Fill the required information on the next page and click on the submit button.
Step 6. Now you have to provide your correct address proof to change the address in the Aadhaar card. You can choose a proof from passport, insurance policy, credit card statement, telephone bill (landline), property tax receipts etc. for this.
Step 7. Finally you have to choose BPO service provider. To choose a service provider, you have to click on the radio button after the service provider name and click on submit button.
Here, let us tell you that this is where you can change your name to your Aadhaar card by following a few steps, although for this also you will need some proof like above, if you submit the correct proof If you are, you can change your name on the basis of your own.